Sunday, May 3, 2009

Newest Family Member


Darling Anna turned 8 this weekend, and her heart's desire was Lizzie the leopard gecko, pictured above crawling up Anna's arm (it's Ryan's hand reaching out to hold Lizzie next). So far, she is an easy pet. She is quiet and doesn't make a mess of the toys, so I love her already. Since her diet is mainly live crickets, I also now have a box of them in the house, hopping around pointlessly waiting to be eaten by Lizzie.
In truth, I was relieved she chose such a cool pet for her birthday gift after she had come home from school just days before asking to see the Hannah Montana movie. My worst public school fear realized! The lizard request cancelled out the Hannah Montana request...not that I am sheltering Anna. I just find the whole Hannah Montana thing annoying!
It's hard to believe that 8 years have already gone by since the day I was writhing in pain and wanting to die while giving birth to the kid. She's grown into such a great little person, just a little too fast for my liking.

1 comment:

WorkingMom said...

Okay, you are a very cool mom, because I just can't do the gecko/lizard thing. As far as Hannah Montana, I agree - annoying, although the song "The Climb" that I heard Miley singing on the radio was not bad.