Friday, February 13, 2009

Things I Ponder Late At Night

I often have insomnia, and end up taking Advil PM to get some zzzzz's. On occasion, though, I amuse myself by wondering about things. If anyone knows the answer to these burning questions, please let me know.

1. After 7 years, a couple shacking up is considered to have a common-law marriage and they get to avoid all the legal rigamorale. If I don't sleep with my husband for 7 years, can I have a common law divorce?

2. Is it true that boys really don't mature past age 6, they just get bigger?

3. Why do people drive on parkways and park on driveways?

4. Why do I always think of the perfect comeback or pithy comment hours or days after the opportunity to say it has passed, and I can't take back the stupid, rambling thing I said instead?

5. Am I frittering away my prime years?

6. What if one of my kids, in adulthood, does something really, really horrible? Or something really, really wonderful? How will I handle it?

7. Is all the stuff in the Freakonomics book true?

8. I often wonder what people are doing, and if it's way more fun than what I am doing. In my mind, no one else has any problems.

9. What would I do if I suddenly had unlimited money? That's a fun one....

10. What does God think of everything?

11. Why don't some certain people "friend" me on Facebook?

OK, so I have just proved that I am indeed crazy. Please tell me that I am not the only one....

4 comments:

Beth said...

Is common-law marriage legal in MA? It isn't in NJ.

Beth said...

#8 - I'm sitting in my pj's on the 3rd floor of my house while kids are asleep (I'm praying in their own beds tonight) on the 2nd floor and hubby is on the 1st floor - watching tv, I think.

John & I played two rousing rounds of Scrabble earlier this evening. He massacred me in both.

We are headed down to Cambridge tomorrow to the MOS for the frog exhibit - if you feel like taking your kids down to Cambridge.

Now, I'm going to finish reading the blogs I haven't read in like a month and go to bed.

Pure excitement - isn't it?

Elizabeth Channel said...

Nah. You're not crazy. Sorry to leave you so many comments. Please do not think I am some crazed blog stalker.

I don't know what God thinks, but I can tell you He has an awesome sense of humour!

SuperMomdel said...

LOL, Elizabeth. I love comments and am always a little hurt when one of my posts doesn't garner any. I wouldn't mind a crazed blog stalker, anyway. It might up my cache!