Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finally, the Boys!

Jake recently asked me what an engineer is. I explained that engineers understand how materials work together in order to build things, like bridges and buildings and houses. To demonstrate, I had the kids experiment with Kapla blocks (in my opinion the best toy around). After much trial and error, and a few tears over fallen structures, this is what they came up with. The very tall one is meant to be an animal hospital/safari home base - aren't they so creative? If you look closely, you can see animals in the little cubbies, recovering from various injuries and illnesses. The smaller one, built by Ryan, is a home for his knights and super hero figurines. The best part? This kept them busy and not fighting for about 2 days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Lakshmi and your article titled 'Free-Range Parenting: The Mommy breakup — when you're just not that into her' struck a chord in me because that's ditto what happened to me and a mommy friend i met 1 and 1/2 years ago. I had to break up with her. It was so inevitable. She became very annoying lately. So, i emailed her to let her know how i felt about her and told her we needed to take a break. This was two days ago. She hasn't replied yet. From little of whatever i know of her, i can bet my life on the fact that she will be raging mad by now. I am expecting her to either not reply to my email or confront me with all her might and explain to me why she is way better than me. I had it enough.
The only problem is my kid loves her kid and is going to miss her terribly. How am i going to make her understand what i did was right? Also it will be heart-breaking for my kid not to have play-dates with her kid. I am in a fix. Pls help me with any advise since you have already been there and done it.

Anonymous said...

After going through your blog i was compelled to say WOW!! You seem like a great mommy to your kids and the kids seem like they definitely enjoy home-schooling. Job well done :-)
I am going to add your blog in my 'blogs i follow' list. Hope you don't mind :-)

SuperMomdel said...

Thanks for your kind words, Lak! I just keep my daughter very busy with other friends so she doesn't seem to notice so much that the "bad" friend is gone. It will blow over and you'll make new friends...