Friday, March 27, 2009

Rock Stars


My children have formed a band called Poison Snakes - all on their own. Anna plays violin, Jake the keyboard and Ryan the heating vent. Today, they treated me to a concert of music only a mother could love. Anna played Minuet 1 by Bach quite well and in tune. Jake played an original song called Poisoned Leopard (perhaps poisoned by a snake?) and Ryan, who refused to face the camera, dragged a stick back and forth over the heating vent as percussion. In all, a quite enjoyable concert. See program below. Anna made it in about 30 seconds, so forgive the sloppy handwriting. Can't wait for the future concert May 2!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

I request a video of the May 2nd concert! Oddly enough, I also played the heating vent as a child, but I was most accomplished at playing the spring stopper thingy that keeps the door from hitting the wall.

Beth said...

So Cute!