Thursday, March 12, 2009

Miscellaneous Thoughts

I have been up late thinking again, always a bad thing to do. I bought a vat of Advil PM on my way home tonight to aid and abet a good night's sleep, hopefully with the dream I have sometimes involving Adrian Grenier and a motorcyle. Yummy!

1. I imagine what it would be like to carry on an entire conversation with an adult (preferably a well-spoken man with a nice voice) without being interrupted by my kids or worrying about the time.

2. What would I do with a whole day all to myownself? How weird would it be? I believe it would be a small form of Shangri-la.

3. How is it possible to feel lonely when I am never, ever alone?

4. Should I cut my hair myself, since it's all mangy and I have no money? The only scissors we have in our house are the dull, round-edged kid ones, but then maybe I'd just look "interesting".

5. Why is it that I have lost about 15 pounds since Christmas, but the only part of my body that looks smaller is my chest, which was my last flattering feature? How can this be reversed?

6. Why are some women so damn mean to each other? And would my idea of a book called Bitch-Be-Gone be a bestseller?

7. I consider who would be the best candidate for my friend with benefits. No boys I know seem interested....but how does one really know?

8. Why is Jane Austen so goldarn appealing? But is she better than the Bronte sisters or Edith Wharton? It's a tough call.

9. My problems sometimes seem very small when I look at the big picture. Thank goodness I do not suffer from the "tree man" affliction that seems to be the scourge of people in Indonesia.

A glimpse into the mind of an insomniac. Interesting, or scary?

1 comment:

WorkingMom said...

You've got "Mom" brain - it keeps moving at all times! It's not scary, it's funny, what we can come up with...