Thursday, October 16, 2008

Home from Hospital and Grooving on Percocet

The surgery was a success (meaning the glop in my pelvic region is gone and I have good drugs). The gifted Dr. Swierzewski removed an 8-cm growth of endometriosis from my muscle tissue. This fact just makes me seem more attractive, doesn't it?

I had purchased new, purple undergarments for the day, only to have to remove them. The last time I was on heavy painkillers with no undies on for the entire morning was much more fun, I must say. I kept getting paranoid that I would be the one the doctors and nurses would all joke about once I was unconscious, because there is much material about which to make mocking comments in my stomach area. Hoping they were professional!

My kids were so great today as I rested, and gave me copious hugs and hand-made cards. I take back, at least temporarily, all the times I called them heathen monsters. Even husband rallied, and did not ask me to take out the trash like he did the day I got home after my c-section with the twins. Maybe he still, like Voldemort, does have a shred of his soul left somewhere.

Now back to my regularly scheduled life...

1 comment:

Beth said...

So glad you are home! Don't worry, the heathen children were here tonight. Screaming fits by by both offspring about - oh, just about everything under the sun - for at least twenty minutes.