Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Surgical Stress

OK, it's the eve before I go under the knife. My dearest friend Amy today suggested I ask to keep the contents of whatever is removed to use as object lessons for the kids. For example, I can have them do a biopsy of the stuff, toss it on pH paper to see if it's an acid or a base, or plant it in the yard to fertilize my garden. Any other ideas?

I am still very anxious about the whole needle in my arm thing, so if anyone happens to be up at 6:15 am tomorrow and has nothing better to do, they can meet me at Anna Jaques for moral support....

I am listed in the phone book, and will fully expect floral bouquets and treats upon my arrival home (ha, ha).

For now, I am about to consume my last meal before my insides are sliced and diced. Tomatoes, anyone????

I'll update tomorrow for those of you who care. Or not - remember, if I die, make sure they use a pic of Scarlett Johansson instead of me in the obit, and watch out for the kiddos.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'll ask my husband to pick the picture out. I think he likes Scarlett Johannsen! I'll think happy thoughts for you! Beth

Basler family said...

Are you out? Who is taking care of your children while you recover from surgery, btw?