Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reinventing Self

I think it's time to reinvent myself again, not unlike a phoenix rising from the ashes. Now that I am an anarchist, there are many possiblities. Having recently lost 28 pounds (thank you, dairy allergy leading to non-dairy lifestyle) and cut off about 10 inches of hair, I am on my way. Though I do wonder how no one has seemed to notice the loss of hair/body fat....

Over the last few days, I've had several epiphanies while under the influence of prescription narcotics, and have come up with a list of new character traits (as well as a new list of people I am allowed to "kiss" should the opportunity arise, but that's another post).
Among the things I need to change to become a kinder, gentler anarchist:

Stop interrupting. It's a bad habit.
Start standing up for myself when husband suggests I should get a real job and/or mop the floor after major abdominal surgery. Also when he implies I am hideously disfigured now that I am over 30.
Stop thinking people are interested in the minutae of my life and learning to just shut the hell up.

Realizing it's OK that I haven't bought "real" Halloween costumes for the kids and they will not be social outcasts just because they had to go to the NMC party in home-made ones (see pics above).

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. The internal purge must move forward!

1 comment:

Basler family said...

Kind words, reflective, gentle... where did Courtney go? Plus, Isn't that the purpose of a blog: to write for the people are interested in the minutae of your life.

Don't go changin' we love you just the way you are (cue the music).

plus, once the percocet wears off, you'll forget you even wrote this.