Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Month, New Challenges


I have signed up for NaNoWriMo. There, it's out. I have committed to writing a novel in a month. I don't know if I can do it, but it does sound like great fun. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 175-page tome in the 30 days of November. It's supposed to be stream-of-consciousness style writing, with no editing or careful word usage (that can be done later). Then, you send the mess out to literary agents, and hopefully become the next JK Rowling. Since my clever pitches to agents last month have so far gone unanswered, perhaps this is the way to go. Now all I need is a topic about which to write....


I am also taking a bread-making class as part of my image makeover to a calm, lovely person who feeds her family from the fruits of her hands instead of a shrew who buys everything at Market Basket (though calm, lovely anarchist may be a bit difficult to pull off).

Updates are coming! Now I am off to recover from Halloween.

3 comments:

Basler family said...

You could start by clumping all these blog entries together and then keep going from there. You'll have a novel before you know it.

Beth said...

I hate to break this to you but November only has 30 days - get writing! NaNoWriMo is so much fun! And a bread baking class. I love making bread. The punching of the dough is very therapeutic. Have a great time! Beth

SuperMomdel said...

OK, editor Beth, I fixed it to say 30 days. Can't wait to punch some dough! You know who I'll be pretending it is....