Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Short List of Things I am Ashamed to Admit

It's time to get some of my quirks out of my system as part of a soul-cleansing I feel coming on. Here are several things I do that cause me shame, and need to be purged:

1. I pre-ordered and devoured quickly all of the Harry Potter books. I also re-read them on a regular basis, and am sad that the release of the new movie was put out until July 2009.

2. At night, I google old boyfriends and sometimes consider contacting them.

3. I am addicted to Facebook and often ignore my kids to take useless quizzes and participate in cyber foodfights.

4. I am also addicted to conservative talk radio, 96.9 WTTK with Jay Severin and Michael Graham, in particular. I sometimes call in as well, and get a thrill about being on the radio.

5. I harbor an unrequited crush on a man I know casually, and blush and giggle whenever I see him. I have no doubt he believes me a complete idiot.

6. I sometimes fantasize about getting cosmetic surgery.

7. In my mind, I am thin with the ass of a 22-year-old and I look good in low-rise jeans. In reality, I have a post-partum muffin top that seems to be here to stay. The denial gets me out the door in the morning - without it, I would probably be an agorophobic.

8. I secretly wish I could have just one more baby and get choked up whenever I see newborns.

9. I am obsessed with the new "Twilight" series, and plan to ignore my kids this afternoon so I can finish the first installment.

10. I feel a strong letdown whenever a cycle of America's Next Top Model ends and wonder what I am going to do on Wednesday nights now.

I am sure there are more shameful things I do, I have just blocked them out for now. Please feel free to point them out to me, as the need arises.

2 comments:

Basler family said...

Nobody looks good in low-rise jeans, not even skinny woman.

susan said...

Aw, go ahead, have another baby!

-Very sincerely, Susan, home schooling mom of 13.