Wednesday, November 5, 2008

REM

Remember that crazy group from the 90s? I have the song, "It's the End of the World as We Know It" running through my head. I am also lamenting the fact that I got so little REM-level sleep last night, after tossing and turning until nearly 3am after the Republicans were so soundly trounced. Even the people of my homeland, Indiana, went for Obama. I was also imagining other things not mentionable here in the blogosphere, but hey, a girl's mind can wander, right?

Obama promises to bring change. Well, I had food poisoning once. That was a change, but I can't say it was a good one! I did wake up this morning and the earth is still turning, my kids still think it's funny to hide in a cabinet and be very quiet while I pretend to look for them (for the 18th morning in a row), and I still have trouble filtering things I say before they come spewing forth from my loud mouth. Perhaps it will not be so bad after all.

The kids just came in to inform me that they have built a fort for Rosie, beloved pet. The pictures below represent what happens when you let children run amok in the yard. I love their blissful ignorance that their life has changed, that they are living in historic times (yes, I voted against this president-elect, but I can't deny a little excitement that I was here when the race barrier came down a bit, and we have a president who is half white, half something else like my own children).






2 comments:

Kevin said...

Of course everyone remembers R.E.M. They are actually still around... and they never struck me as "crazy." The B-52's were kinda crazy, but R.E.M. were kind of blah. They weren't "from" the 90's, either. I would say they were more of an 80's band that kept having success through the 90's.

I think they released their first album around 1982. "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" was released in 1987, I think. I know it was released when I still worked at Rainbow, and I quit there in 1988.

Now you know!

Love,
Kevin- The Fountain Of Useless Pop Culture Knowledge.

SuperMomdel said...

Kevs, I am functioning on 4 hours of sleep so SHUT UP (ha, ha). You are right, of course, and I had forgotten about Rainbow! Didn't the owner there get busted for dealing coke or something? I have become completely stupid about things since the kids came along (see the Momnesia post). Thanks as always for correcting my foibles.

Court