Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random Weekend Update



I awoke this morning to another 10+ inches of snow on the ground, but was relieved to find a marathon of Cycle 11 of America's Next Top Model on the Oxygen channel, which made everything palatable. I am a little concerned that my boys like that show so much, but assume they will outgrow it. At least neither has asked to be called Benny Ninja! A marathon of Snapped is on tonight, and I just realized that we suddenly have HBO. Couch potato evening, here I come!

Our weekend was a hodgepodge of activity. Anna's dance recital was a triumph Friday. She is such a star! Being the littlest in her dance company, she frequently is lifted in the air by other 7-year-olds, which is nervewracking, but she looks so darn cute in her costume.


Ryan started basketball Saturday, and Jake was so sad to not have gotten a spot. Ryan was the only one who got a place off the wait list, but Jake did watch like a champ. No pics of b-ball yet, but it was very cute.

It was great to have a humdrum, drama-free weekend, and tomorrow we are looking forward to a trip with our co-op to the awesome Wicked Fun Art in Exeter, NH. And I still have 36 hours of freedom before Husband returns! Aaah. For now, I will enjoy my clean house (thank goodness for playdates to make me clean up) and the fact that all the laundry is simultaneously clean and put away, thanks to being indoors in the snow. Sometimes it's the simple things that make me smile.

At the top are some winter pics of the kids. Notice the perspective of how deep the snow is next to my stylish minivan!

No comments: