Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Surprise Vacation!


Is there anything better than a surprise vacation in the dead of winter, when we're covered in so many feet of snow one fears it will never melt? My mom owns a condo on Sanibel Island, and offered to let us use it the first week of February - we just have to get down there.


Well, the Husband must be feeling guilty about his alleged actions in Philadelphia, because he actually purchased plane tickets for 5 and agreed to go! He generally will agree to a trip, but only under crazy circumstances, like we have to drive, take a cooler of lunchmeat and stay at campgrounds to save money until I finally just say forget it.


So we're leaving January 31! Did I mention that I hate winter and love the sun? There is the problem of being seen by innocent bystanders in a swimsuit when I am fish-belly white and have loathesome thighs, but I think I can get over it. The question is - can I do enough Zumba in the next 10 days to be presentable? Another question - should I hit the tanning bed first, or is the "base tan" concept passe?


It's hard to be sad with a surprise trip on the horizon. I am picturing lazy days on the beach and some time to read, a jaunt to Ding Darling's wildlife preserve and a bike ride around the island. Don't burst my bubble by reminding me that I'll have 3 kids the whole time and my vision is just that...


Well, we're off to the dentist. If I can survive that, I can survive anything!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Have a mojito on the beach for me! I've never been to Sanibel Island - is it a good place to take kids?

SuperMomdel said...

Sanibel is heaven on earth. No crowds, warm blue ocean, ahhhhh. Here is where we are staying: www.sanibelbeachclub.us