Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Best Books Ever

It's a snowy day, worthy of relaxing and reading a great book. I am making a list (you know how I LOVE lists) of the best books ever for your reading pleasure. These are the books that are definitely better than men, as they always leave one satisfied and a little sleepy.

1. The Secret History by Donna Tartt
2. Anthing by Jane Green
3. I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
4. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
5. Anything by Marian Keyes
6. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
7. Anything by Jane Austen
8. Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
9. Middlemarch by George Eliot
10. Anything by Louisa May Alcott
11. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
12. The Children of Violence series by Doris Lessing
13. Ulysses by James Joyce
14. Windchill Summer by Norris Church Mailer
15. The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway
16. The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
17. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
18. Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
19. For fun - anything by Meg Cabot
20. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
21. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
22. Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner
23. The Idiot Girls Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro
24. In God we Trust, All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd
25. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

There are, of course, more out there. Please feel free to add your faves in the comments!

5 comments:

Emilie said...

One of the best novels I've ever read was "The Blessing Stone" (can't remember author). And for the pregnant ladies out there, a must read is "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer.

Beth said...

I don't like Jodi Picoult books - I find her endings annoy me.

But - I recently read Geek Love and it was by far one of the most disturbing / strange books I have ever read; however, it was a great book club book choice. So much to talk about!

Anonymous said...

Anything by David Sedaris (especially "Naked") or Augusten Burroughs (especially "Running With Scissors").

As far as classics go- "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

SuperMomdel said...

I forgot about Geek Love! That book is a freaky ride...

Anonymous said...

"Confederacy of Dunces" makes me laugh out loud.
Cory