Monday, April 20, 2009

6 Things I Hope to Accomplish

It's school vacation week, but I still have many things to do. I am mainly focusing on finding ways to combat my undiagnosed but undeniably present ADD and possible schizoid tendencies, along with the following:

1. To really and truly live by my new credo, which was on someone's signature line but I am stealing: Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

2. I need to detox from the internet. It sucks me in like a vortex of terror, especially a certain social networking site. I am addicted to the quizzes and reached a new low yesterday when I took one called, "How Will You Handle the Zombie Apocolypse" instead of starting dinner for my starving kids.

3. Plan fun and nearly free things to keep the children busy. Sadly, it's supposed to rain for a couple of days, thwarting a planned trip to Wolf Hollow. My grand plan is to have them help me clean by putting large piles of our copious art supplies in the middle of the floor with the instructions to "make something." This will help my organization skills by getting rid of stuff, and keep the kids busy so I can put away laundry.

4. Finish reading "The Shack." I keep picking it up at 10:30 pm and fall asleep after just a couple of minutes.

5. Find out what will be on Kindergarten screening so I can drill my boys on what to expect so the screeners don't secretly think that they are retarded from not going to preschool this year.

6. To make the most of the Despot's absence and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in our house.

No comments: