Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things I Have Learned from Other Great Moms

My friends are useful founts of information. I thought I'd share some of the very important things they have shared with me:

1. If you fill plastic Easter eggs with liquid soap, they leak. (from Beth)
2. It is possible for a child to become emotionally attached to a can of sardines. (from Amy)
3. Everybody is putting up with something. (from my own mom)
4. Your child will only decide to affect the "no bangs" look by cutting off her bangs on the day before school pictures. (from Lauren)
5. It's wise to save the Percocet they give you after your c-section to take before breastfeeding, as that can hurt way worse than the incision. (from Margaret)
6. Sometimes, the autistic child is easier to deal with - the other one is too unpredictable. (from Jean)
7. It's probable that you have spent the whole day cleaning, doing laundry, cooking and running errands, yet your house is filthy, the hamper's full, everyone's hungry and the to-do list is a mile long. (from my own self)


That's about it for now. Please feel free to add your own gems! And have a relaxing night....

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Company won't come when you're ready. They will always wait for the one day that you didn't have time to shower, the dog threw up on the carpet, the dishes are piled in the sink and the kids are running around in their underwear.

Beth said...

Yippee - I'm number one! And - both kids cut their own hair at different times this past year. Ahhh - the joys of motherhood...