Sunday, April 5, 2009

Goals for the Week

Aside from the obvious swimming out of the depths of despair from sending my eldest to the wolves, I have several goals this week. They are as follows:

1. To survive the Georgetown State of the Town meeting without a) dozing off, b) obvious eye-rolling or c) indulging in inappropriate fantasies.

2. To provoke the new person of legend in Newburyport, the Starbucks Witch, into yelling at me and/or my children so I can get some good material for my next column. She apparently feels it's appropriate to shout the "f" word at mothers who dare to bring their tots into Starbucks to purchase caffeinated beverages and calls all Newburyport-area children entitled brats. Doesn't she know that without the caffeine, we'd not have the energy to discipline the kids at all? The show should be a good one!

3. To also survive a school committee meeting without any of the above (see #1).

4. To finally let go of the money the lady owes me and throw away my rose colored glasses. Also to stop obsessively checking PayPal to see if she had a change of heart.....


5. To attempt a detox from Facebook and clean my house instead.

I'll let you know if I succeed!

1 comment:

Matt Vincent said...

I can not possibly imagine how anyone could fall asleep at the Georgetown State-of-the-town meeting!!!!